- 04/04/2014 – EU decreases punitive import duty on women's cotton denim trousers from the U.S. from 26% to 0.35% effective May 1, 2014.
- 04/03/2014 – The U.S. Trade Representative has released the following annual reports: 2014 National Trade Estimates Report on Foreign Trade Barriers and 2014 Report on Technical Barriers to Trade.
- 04/02/2014 – The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) held a Roundtable on Proposed Changes to U.S. Care Labeling Rule for Clothing on Friday, March 28, 2014. The FTC will be accepting comments on the agenda topics and the issues discussed by the panelists at the roundtable until April 11, 2014.
- 04/01/2014 – The Industry Trade Advisory Center recently published a Federal Register notice announcing the re-chartering of the Industry Trade Advisory Committees (ITACs) and requesting nominations to fill vacancies on the ITACs. If you are interested in becoming an advisor to ITAC 13, Textiles and Clothing, and you represent the textile, apparel, footwear and/or travel goods industries, please review the FR notice for membership eligibility and criteria.
- 03/19/2014 – The Federal Trade Commission issues final amendments to its Textile Labeling Rules. A Federal Register notice will be published soon and the amended rules will become effective 30 days after the notice is posted.